A Mother's Grief

In six days, my sweet girl will be turning sweet 16. I should be busy planning the final details of her birthday party, making sure everything is perfect for her big day. Instead, I'm sitting here, journaling and putting the finishing touches on a poem I've been working on for the last few weeks. I haven’t written poetry like this since Alivia passed away. Back then, it was a crucial part of my therapy, a way to process the overwhelming emotions. Recently, I've found myself turning back to it, finding peace and healing in the words.

As her birthday approaches, I'm filled with a mix of emotions. Time has softened the sharp edges of my grief, but the sorrow and her absence are constants. Some days, I can mask the pain and get through the day with a smile. Other days, I’m a complete mess, overwhelmed by the weight of my loss. No matter what, I miss my sweet girl every single day.

Writing this poem has been a way for me to connect with those feelings and honor Alivia's memory. It’s a reminder that while time helps, it doesn’t erase the love or the loss. I wanted to share it because I know that others might be feeling the same way, struggling with their own grief and looking for a way to express it.

A Mother's Grief

I am a mother, bereaved.
My child gone, leaving a hole in my heart.
Days filled with tears.
Nights filled with silent cries.
Grief, spiraling within,
A journey through darkness.
Where to begin?

Don't tell me it’s time to move on or forget.
My grief is mine, a constant silhouette.
Please, sit beside me, in quiet embrace,
And witness my sorrow.
No need for words.

Time may dull the pain,
But absence lingers.
This journey is mine,
In my own pace.
Life will take on new shades,
Revealing fresh perspectives to me.
But every single day,
Every moment,
I feel the void left by my child's absence,
Regardless of how much time has gone by.

Thank you for being here with me, for reading, and for sharing in the bittersweet moments of remembering my precious Alivia.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Sixteen, Sweet Alivia

To My Sweet Zoe on Your 14th Birthday

Embracing July: A Journey of Motherhood, Loss, and Love